bambeco | Eco-Conscience Houseware
Bambeco launched on Earth Day 2009, and specializes in eco-friendly home decor and accessories items, including everything from furniture and rugs to bedding and bath, outdoor lighting and garden items, to pet products!
Bambeco is the home furnishings, decor, and accessories company where your eco-conscious style intersects with your home and life. Offering stylish, eco-friendly products, bambeco makes modern green living easy and affordable. Their innovative products are made from materials that are all-natural, biodegradable, nontoxic, organic, recycled, recyclable, repurposed or renewable. They have been in the marketplace for two years, and have received many favorable press mentions in magazines and media outlets such as Real Simple, the Today Show, Everyday with Rachael Ray, The Daily Green, Daily Candy.
Bambeco celebrates bamboo, the planet’s most renewable and versatile resource, and ecology, the essential relationship between people and the natural environment.
At Bambeco, they make it easy for you to live your values without sacrificing quality and price. As you browse their web store, you’ll discover a wealth of stylish and modern products carefully selected to advance a more sustainable and just world. Bambeco works with partners, suppliers and artisans who share these values:
- Their innovative products are made from materials that are all-natural, biodegradable, nontoxic, organic, recycled, recyclable, repurposed or renewable.
- Their distribution process is designed to be as energy efficient as possible as we move toward our goal of becoming carbon neutral.
- Their shipping materials are made of recycled and biodegradable materials whenever possible.
- Their shippers are committed to reducing their own carbon footprints.
- Bambeco places a high value on human dignity, and strives to ensure that those involved in the creation of their products are paid a fair wage and provided with a safe, healthy work environment.
How They Give Back:
Bambeco employees are encouraged to participate in eco-friendly service projects in their communities. In addition, Bambeco annually donates a portion of its profits to organizations devoted to improving the environment.
- Bambeco supported the Chesapeake Bay Foundation and other organizations in Summer 2011.
- In 2011, Bambeco contributed 1% of net sales to WWF to support its global conservation mission. To learn more about WWF, please visit www.worldwildlife.org.
Together, for a Greener Tomorrow:
Confucius said that a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. In the same way, Bambeco believes that incremental change leads to a real impact. They are excited by the growing momentum behind the sustainability movement and the opportunity to help people make enlightened choices in line with their values.